Monday, March 17, 2014

Biking with Daddy and the Everyday


Brady works a big chunk of every Saturday with our house.  Last Saturday, he decided to first join us for a bike ride on the Kealia Bike Path.  

 Mud puddles: the only real destination of this outing.


 Kate suddenly seems so much bigger on her little bike.


 Zac and I charged ahead at the end, catching some whale sightings and zzzzsss.

 Sunday nights are my favorite time of the week.  We eat an early dinner and head to the park for some frisbee and baseball with the kids.  Sundays lately have dumped rain, so we opt for indoor relays.

 Kate's starting position: always the same, always hilarious.





Between the recent rain and chill, I've had a few beach outings with the kids.  This was from a couple weeks ago.
 Zac and Finn making themselves pregnant with sand.
 Kate joining in on the fun and stuffing her swimsuit full of sand.
 Kate is loving her ballet class.  She is putting her hands in the correct position now and loves her teacher, Miss Jennifer.  She regularly comes up to me during the day and says, "Look, Mom!"  I have to look her up and down and then realize she's standing in first position.

 No south shore waves means alternative outings on my surf night, like a pretty walk along the shoreline.

 Another beach outing with our friend, Jack.
 I help at Zac's school once a week.  His teacher asked me to help with their Olympics, too, and I decided to go for it even though it conflicted with Kate's nap time.  She wasn't okay with that, and fell asleep in my lap for most of the event.
 Kate sporting a new hairstyle:  Anna from "Frozen".  She says her hair is "long" and "like a princess" now.

 We make it to the park a few times a week, before homework, basketball, and track:


 Brady tries unsuccessfully to take a Sunday afternoon snooze:

 Kate and I had a perfect beach morning after lots of yucky weather.
 She said, "Look, Mom, a tiny chicken!"  Only in Kauai...



2 comments:

Natalie and Steve said...

Love the Anna hair. She IS a princess!

Don't you love trying to get any kind of a nap with kids around?

Kristen said...

Kate in ballet! I love it! Love the everyday life in Kauai pics.