Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Couple of Firsts

Enough is enough...we keep waiting for visitors to do Kipu Falls, but we decided to stop postponing the event and take the plunge. Brady has done this jump many times, but for one reason or another, I haven't had the opportunity. For a year and a half, I've let my anxiety fester, and I was happy to get it over with on Friday night.

Really, it is only a 20 foot drop, but looking down it's still pretty intimidating. I know for a fact that I would never jump off of Shipwrecks (the drop from "Seven Days and Seven Nights").
There's a rope swing this direction. I thought the rope swing was actually fun. Overall, though, jumping off big rocks isn't my favorite Kauai activity.

I've been dying to go to Hanalei, and was especially excited to use my Christmas present--a new longboard. Yes, we are graduating from foam to a real board. We postponed scuba diving and planned an entire afternoon for our first run with the board, rain or shine with big or small waves. Unfortunately, it was almost entirely rain, the waves were choppy, and I got pretty tossed around. Finally, I gave up on the intense waves and went to the kiddie pool to work some "ankle slappers."

We think Hanalei is the prettiest spot on the island--that you do not have to hike to.
Zac had a ball playing in the rain and with Heidi, her mom, and Ty.
Maybe the "firsts" weren't our favorite experiences, but here's for good seconds.

4 comments:

Ryan and Christina said...

I love your life-decisions, decisions (to scuba or surf)? That's a tough one:) Hope you all are doing well!!

Suburban Monkey said...

I completely understand your trepidation towards cliff jumping. I used to be the queen of jumping of towering large objects and plummeting into the water below but somehow now that I am older and wiser, maybe, I find myself a bit, no wait a lot more hesitant. Way to be brave!

Sherie said...

Wow, I used to be brave, but I'm not so much any more. Way to go for taking the plunge! :)
Someday we're going to visit. Living there would be such a dream--warm all the time, beach all the time. Ahhhh.

P.S. I tagged you on my blog

~~Heidi~~ said...

even though it was kinda cold, and rained we still had a great time at the beach. How can you not have fun at the beach? And great job on jumping off the rope swing, its lots of fun!