Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Highlights

Brady and I decided to head to Utah for Thanksgiving this year. The whole Edwards clan made it, with the exception of Mom and Dad! Thankfully (haha, catch the pun), Angela aced the organization and made it a fabulous meal. (This is the least work I have ever done to participate in the preparation. I had a miserable cold, and didn't get up for the day until 1pm--and we ate at 2pm! Prepping for dinner was never easier.)

Some of the highlights include:

The dinner, of course, complete with the bird, gravy, homemade stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, salad, jello salad, spinach dip, veggie tray, and all sorts of pies.


We met Logan for the first time...


We got to see how girls play together--somewhat of a novelty in our family of mostly nephews. They found stashes of make-up, played with their "babies," and were joined at the hip.


We raced the Edwards boys in a 4X400. The boys pulled a victory, and the girls lamented their racing style the rest of the day, each of us convinced we could have done better. Maybe next year?




We played the cup game for the second year running. Notice Ryan's tongue...

Paul and Ryan worked hard and made it possible for us to attend the BYU v. Utah game! We watched the Utes lose another heart-breaker in the final minute of the game, going down 17-10. What a rush! I forgot just how high I could jump when I am standing on bleachers.


We were able to see my Utah siblings--Emily, Kevin, and Natalie. (Scott was in ID getting his teeth pulled.) Emily introduced us to another nephew, Quinn, who is now a year and half. It is crazy to meet a nephew for the first time who can run around all over the place and is saying words! (I would include a picture, but it was very unflattering--complete with Hawaii chocolate all over his face.)
Post-game excitement stayed high as we watched BYU basketball take on North Carolina in the Vegas tourney. We lost, but were able to stay with them for most of the game.

Sunday, I came upstairs and saw the kids all reading books together. I thought that was a pretty sweet moment.


We took our family shots outside, and decided it was way too cold to stay out for long.
Sunday night, we went to Temple Square to check out the lights. They never disappoint!

It was a good trip, and we are excited to come back in January!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen! What a great trip! I'm so sad though--I live 3 miles from Temple Square!! (and yet, I'll be surprised if we actually make it down to see the lights) The pic of all you Nuf's is great. Love it, love it. Glad you had such a great holiday.

Brian, Maren & Brigham said...

Thanks for driving right past our house and not giving us a shout. Your inbound flight likely flew over the top of our house. We guess that is as close as we'll get for the 2nd annual potlikin' potluck.

Potlickers!

Have a nice trip in January. Can't wait to hear how fun it was once you get back home.

Ana Lee said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love your BYU game pics. You guys are so cute!

Kristen said...

Maybe next year?!

No doubt next year. I am including some serious speed work in my upcoming runs.

Em said...

We were so sad we missed you guys on Saturday! McKenna was an amazing sleeper that morning and selfishly, I really didn't want to wake up our sleep deprived child. Glad you had a good trip!

NW Varneys said...

Oh you lucky ducks, getting to watch that BYU-Utah game! So you didn't rush the field? We are disappointed in you.

Eric and Jill said...

love your hair in the pic with your sibs! yes, i'm the shallow bud who'll only write about what i see on the surface. HA! hope you're feeling better now - is that better? i'm calling you, sista'! ;)

Ana Lee said...

Karen! I just found something really cool that I think you might like because I know you guys are really into running. It is called RUNNER+ I wrote about it in my blog missanalee.blogspot.com and it made me think of you so I decided to come tell you!