Monday, November 05, 2007

A Sugar High

We've been training together for most of the fall to prepare ourselves for the Old Sugar Mill Run. This past Saturday, the race commenced and we hit the pavement hard for 10 miles. We actually both exceeded our expectations for how we would perform. The competition was fierce...all 50 of them. Karen was the first woman to cross the finish line and actually finished fourth overall with a time of 1 hr 13 minutes (7:18 miles). I tried to take on a 50+ year old for first place, but ended up eating his dust and took second with a time of 1 hr 11 minutes (7:06 miles). Admittedly, the training was fun (don't tell Karen). She's already trying to find some Turkey Trot in Utah for Thanksgiving. I'm still trying to walk normal.

The sweet part about winning is we got these awesome mugs, in case we want some hot chocolate in Hawaii.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys are awesome! and fast! I used to run a lot, I even ran the St. George Marathon! But I don't think I will ever do it again, I still have hip problems from it. :) How are you guys?
~Camille
and Eric

Kristen said...

Congrats guys! All these people running races...I need to get back into the swing of things.

Eric and Jill said...

Good times!!! You speedy people, you.

Travis and Jamie said...

So fun. Travis used to run, but I have a feeling those days are over.

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

Man you inspire us! I wish we would get our acts together and start getting and staying in shape! Since Makadie was born she has been my exercise! Not a very good excuse not to exercise though. Coleman used to go to the gym (Company pays the membership) before we bought the house. After the baby comes maybe he can get back to his regulaur routine.

Keep motivating us!

~~Heidi~~ said...

great job guys, sorry that we missed it. maybe next time...

Scott and Natalie said...

Awesome guys! You are SO FAST! and I really envy your mugs and the fact that you get to run together! What fun!

Em said...

That's awesome guys! Congrats on the fast times! How long are you going to be in Utah for Thanksgiving? We'll be back in town late the Friday after Thanksgiving, and we'd love to see you for 10 minutes (or more) if you have time!

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

How exciting! Bring your mugs for Thanksgiving, you may need some hot chocolate to adjust to the Utah weather.

Erin said...

Karen-I think I recognized your face on Camille and Eric's blog. I'm pretty sure that I worked with you at Spanish Fork High School a couple years ago. You taught health, pe, and coached track and moved to Califonia, right? I was a first year English teacher. (Hope you don't feel stalked . . .sorry)!

Natalie and Steve said...

Pretty sweet!

NW Varneys said...

Way to go, guys!