Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events


Well, today was interesting. While driving unknowingly through a school zone, I was pulled over going 6 mph under the posted limit, but 14 mph over the school zone limit. Oops. It turned out to be a good thing, though. It helped me realize quickly that my wallet had been stolen.

Yep. But we're good at this now. After the $20,000 scam last year, this is a walk in the park. The kid has already spent close to $1000--IN ONE DAY. We've started our detective work already, and hope to hunt this kid down. We're pretty sure he's a high school student, although we have no idea how he got my wallet. I always keep it locked up. I'm afraid it's my TA.

It's a little ironic. Just yesterday I was getting on my cousins for speeding, and bragging that I've never been pulled over.

Thankfully, I was not given a ticket or even a warning. I didn't even have to cry. So maybe we're on the upturn in these happenings. (Knock on wood.)

--Karen

4 comments:

cory said...

How come your identities are so valuable to thieves?!

Anonymous said...

$20K event? What was that all about? I feel so left out of the loop! Also, you guys need to clarify who's writing what. I eventually figure it out, but sometimes it's a little tricky.
I had credit card fraud even though nobody had stolen anything, and I still had my card on hand. Some person in Indiana maxed out my account at an Office Depot.

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

Karen you're a speed demon. You can't tease me for driving fast anymore. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I didnt think stuff like this happened in UTAH! better come back to california!