Thursday, September 01, 2005

Our $2500 Mistake

For those of you fortunate enough to have no experience with major dentistry, the picture above is called a root canal, also referred to as a "2 month paycheck." A root canal is sometimes performed when a previous dentist made a mistake with a filling, and bacteria continued to grow for 3 years. Party! I now get to join the ranks of "bad teethdom" and undergo this tedious procedure, experiencing my own 2 hours in the dentist chair. I'm not sure if I'll be quite as funny as Kristen was in her follow-up email, as I'm not sure I can think of ANYTHING worse than spending money and dealing with the nauseating noises associated with all dentist offices. We shall see.

This is the first and ONLY time Brady and I will go without dental insurance. Our $2500 mistake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "S--- happens." Sorry about your misfortune, though! God knows I've wasted some moolah of my own with things I shoulda, coulda, woulda done better, and I'm pretty sure my mistakes amount to more than $2,500. I must say though, I've never had the pleasure of a root canal before...good luck! :)JILL

Travis and Jamie said...

Karen,
It could be worse, you could have your root canal done in two three hour visits to a dental school. Two hours is a great deal. Root canals are expensive, but there are worse dental experiences, example, full mouth extraction so you can have, "teeth just like moms" (dentures) for your 21st b-day. Sad enough we have patients at the school here in Kentucky that have made the request. Take my coments for what their worth, a future dentist's.