Friday, September 02, 2005

It's Just Money, Honey

Yeah, I know I should be "over it" by now, but anyone who knows me realizes how analytical I can be about money. Considering that it took me 147.05 hours to make the money it will cost to repair my literal "million dollar smile," I took the liberty to dream of other ways I could have thrown it all away. Here goes: (Of course the estimates are only approximate...)

  • 100 pairs of jeans from Old Navy
  • 50 pairs of jeans from GAP
  • 125 somewhat-dressy shirts
  • 33 pairs of running shoes (NOT on sale)
  • 1 dog--vet, materials for a few years, etc. INCLUDED
  • $500 wedding band--Forget it! An entire new set of rings! (Maybe I could get into the "right hand" market.)
  • 50 trips to the grocery
  • 25 trips to Chef's Table--our favorite restaurant (including drinks, appetizers, and the works!)
  • 7 day cruise--airfare, excursions, and even taxi tips included
  • 5 trips to Ohio/Michigan
  • 166.7 haircuts
  • 13 season ticket sets to BYU sports (maybe then I would have a SHOT at good seats...)
  • 178 books from Borders
  • 8.333333 year-long Gold's Gym passes
  • 83 gas fill-ups (although this rate will be inaccurate by the time I push "Publish Post" by about $0.10/gallon, right?)
  • A large check to New Orleans

For those of you who think this list is a bit over-the-top, be thankful that I did not include other items, such as the number of nail polishes (625), or sets of earings (312) that I could have really burdened you with.


Brady's just excited to be on salary so I quit calculating opportunity cost on every vacation...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Money does stink...but remember, it comes and goes. Do you recall my car woes last November? Yeah, my fun little wreck ended up costing Eric and me several grand! The tow place robbed me of my CD player/money, my insurance went up, AND this all happened while I was job-hunting....Oh well! Us women are just analytical. If only this, if only that, right?

cory said...

Holy cow Karen, you guys must be loaded!

Scott and Natalie said...

Very entertaining! I need to take some lessons from you to make sure all my purchases are really what I want! We can relate though, after this weekend's fiasco, we won't be buying anything fun for awhile either!

Anonymous said...

That sucks, I feel your pain... well I would be more than happy to help contribute to the Dental Fund...(still up the creak with out our nanny!!!) hehe

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

I can relate Karen! Infact, I am going into a peradonist on Wednesday to have my gum line fixed. The dentist will be adding some nice donor gum tissue to mine because my gums are apparently receeding so badly. He said it had to be done, and we don't have any dental insurance. On top of that, if I want to have an IV to put me out, it will cost an additional $500! So, I am going to be a brave girl for 1 1/2 hours while they "deaden" the area with a local and start cutting and stitching away. It makes me sick! Just money down the drain. And Brady, just so you know, its hereditary.