Sunday, August 14, 2005

From One Sports Enthusiast to Another

It was a fine week of sports. As you can see, I have been turning over to the dark side and showing favortism towards the "silver and black." A few days ago, I had the opportunity--no, the priviledge--of attending an Oakland Raiders Training Camp. Yes, I was only feet away from Randy Moss as he was making spectacular catches, face to face with Robert Gallery as he signed an autograph, and chummin' with Coach Turner as he signed and almost stole my marker. I also saw -- but kept my distance -- from the infamous Brett Engeman of BYU. I spent two hours on the sidelines watching the Raiders practice and then "broke bread" with the players afterwards. Too bad they stunk it up with the 49ers, but that was mostly just a game for rookies and bench warmers.

No comments: