Sunday, August 07, 2005

'Cuz I'm Leavin On A Jet Plane (but not quite a jet)

I flew a plane! Thanks to Mark David, my uncle (on the right), I got to go flying. He is currently working towards his commercial pilot's license, and needs lots of practice hours. Halfway through his time, he decided to have the other pilot give me an introductory flying course. What an experience! The seat didn't get moved up quite high enough, so I couldn't see much, but I could feel every movement while hanging on to the controls. It was comforting to know that the pilot could correct my errors, but I still wasn't brave enough to take us on a roller-coaster ride. I loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark thinks everyone should be a pilot--especially the rollercoaster type. Mom

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll let me fly sometime, now that I'm an "adult". Yeah I know...sounds scary!--Nat N