Friday, June 03, 2005

Good Ol' Fashion Construction

Construction is an interesting field. One minute you can be discussing vital managerial and operational procedures and the next minute you can be interpreting sentence fragments that make no sense at all. The latter is what has inspired me to begin posting "All-Time Classic Construction Phrases."

For example, the other day while walking the model homes under construction, a subcontractor made no sense at all when he said, "All's I know is I don't know."
Isn't that great!

The second incidence occured today while out on the job site. One guy came up to me and gave me a sheet of paper that read exactly as below.

Construction site on the left side of street. Ask for ________.

The guy asked me if I knew where the builder was named "Construction site."

It's hard to keep a straight face out here sometimes.

No comments: