Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Perfect Saturday

 The Saturday after Halloween, we spent the morning cleaning up the landscaping.  Our landlord was coming back for the week of Thanksgiving, and we needed the flower beds to look more presentable.  Zac was actually really helpful, and Kate enjoyed getting muddy.


 Kate wandered around the yard half the morning with Brady's slippers on.  "Soos, soos."


 We rewarded the kids with a trip up the mini-golf course on the north shore.  It's been open at least a year, but we hadn't tried it yet.  The kids thought it was fun, although Kate was ready to quit after the 4th hole.
 This might be right before we took him to the bathroom.

 Zac fared at least as well as I did.  (Last time I went mini-golfing, we lived in Utah and I sprained my ankle...)


 We had another first after mini-golf: a stop at famous Banana Joes.  Forget Jo-Jos, this place is tons better and worth the stop.  They make banana smoothies without any added sugar that taste like heaven.  We can't believe it has taken us nearly 6 years to try them.

You can't go clear to the north shore and not surf Hanalei.  We spent a few hours at the beach.  I love watching my kids eat their snacks together.
 Zac as a shark:


 ...and watching my kids play together in the sand.  I also get a kick out of watching them harass each other, but this time they played together for at least an hour.


We were so overwhelmed with how lovely the day was with our little family.  Zachary is to the age where he wants nothing more to be with friends, but he was a delightful kiddo with just us and his baby sister.

This place and my kids/husband take my breath away.  It's not perfect everyday or every Saturday, but the days that we put the effort in and it pays off are so sweet.

2 comments:

Natalie and Steve said...

You sprained your ankle playing mini-golf? That's pretty hard core!

Eric and Jill said...

Girl, I believe it's called Putt- putt. Please don't tell me you now call pop soda. ha! Gah!!! my jealousy is usually kept at bay w/ your blog/photos UNTIL the month of January when I want to live on your island STAT! xoxo