Friday, November 02, 2012

Cory and Kristen Come to Town, Part 1

 Zachary talked about his cousins coming to town for a month before they got here.  He planned out activities for them, and wondered where Scout (their dog) would sleep.  He couldn't wait to introduce them to the green belt, take them to his soccer game, and teach them how to boogie board.  He most importantly couldn't wait to camp with them and share his glow sticks.

Here are a couple hilarious baseball shots that have no other home.  This is how we killed time waiting for them to come.  (Zac was signed up for t-ball this year but we bailed when we found out it was a 2+ hour a day, 6 days-a-week commitment and practices/games are a 20+ minute drive from our house.)
This is how exactly how coaching soccer looked for me, minus the bat and plus a soccer ball and orange cones.
The first day they were here, Kristen and I took the kids to Poipu Beach for some snorkeling.  I was so flattered Rach let me pal along with her in the water, and completely impressed at her bravery when we lost her fin and she had to trust me in the deep water.
 Brady busted out his fancy guitar for them that night and played some tunes while we talked the night away (and by "talked the night away," I mean until Cory and Kristen both fell asleep at 8:30pm).
 Walker was not a fan of the time change (awake most of the night the first few nights), so Cory and Kristen took advantage and caught some sunrises.  I'm almost certain this was the first time I've seen the sunrise in Poipu... 



That day while Cory worked, Kristen and I went to Baby Beach II on Lawai Rd.  My friend Megan told me you can take fish bait and throw it into the rocks, and you might see eels.  I was afraid I raised expectations when I told this to Kristen, but we were not disappointed!  Blake spotted an eel and we saw him eat up the shrimp.

 The first two days of their trip, Kate cried a lot, but at this beach, she was a content little lady.  She twirled around independently through the water in her green floatie and kept saying, "WEEEE!"
 Soccer season ended while they were here.  Zac played his last game that Saturday and was back to Mr. Aggressive.  He defended, chased that ball all over the field, and had two goals where he had to dribble the ball halfway down the field before shooting.
 Victory Dance:
 Still doing the victory dance:
I love his cherry cheeks:
 Victory Pose after Goal #2:
 Hamming it up as he walks back to center field:

 He was so proud to have Ellie there:

 Cory and Kristen took Rachel and Blake on a catamaran trip to Ni'ihau for the day, so we got to show Walker and Ellie the best park on the island.  Peer pressure does our daughter a lot of good, we decided, because she chased him around the entire time, saying "Wa-wa" (for Walker).

Zac and Ellie eating their snacks:

Walker is such a boy, and it blows my mind how much more physical he is than my daughter (especially because they are separated in age by 10 hours).  That's okay by me--I already had a very physical boy at this age! 

Ellie swam at Lydgate, and we capped off the day with a lovely trail run, a BYU game, and a nice dinner together.

2 comments:

Natalie and Steve said...

How fun! I'm loving the victory dance. Way to go Zac!

Kristen said...

What a treat to see pics from Hawaii that I haven't looked at ten times before. PLEASE send me the one of Walker's converse and Ellie and Zac in the goal together.