Monday, March 15, 2010

Mom and Dad in Hawaii Part II

I affectionately refer to this photo as Mom and Dad's "Engagement Photo". We were thrilled that the rain let up after church to allow for beautiful scenery.

Dad spotted this rainbow in the back yard.


Mom doesn't like this picture because her hair is blowing. Isn't this a great picture of her?

Zac wasn't at all concerned about the sunset--only how far he could throw the next rock!

More engagement photos.


Sunday night, Dad and I went on a big game hunt in search of a ferocious, man eating, quick-as-lightning rhodent. Ironically, the first mouse in the house came on the night Mom and Dad arrived. We had no snap traps, no sticky traps (otherwise I would have made a barricade Paul and Ang). So the girls demanded this creature be caught! Mom laughed as she documented the event. No folks, this is not butts up. Mom was convinced this creature went in the closet. Yet it alluded me again. Yes ladies, that's me.

There he was, we finally saw him the next morning halting in his tracks. He knew then and there he had met his match. Kids and Ryan, you may want to turn away. It gets a little ugly from here.
Dad was the scarer and I was the capturer. We finally got him! However, with a sudden leap he bolted out of the basket (girls and Dad screaming).

Before he could get to the corner, I trapped him again ("speed of hand, speed of mind"). There is slight possibility I wasn't as accurate. What do you think? We finally transported little Harry to a lovely field far from our home (and slightly maimed).

On Monday, although a bit rainy, Mom and Dad checked out the Botanical Gardens in Poipu. Here are some shots from the wet adventure.




Later on, Mom and Dad visited my work for a personal tour. Don't worry, Zac's head is extra hard.


7 comments:

Kristen said...

That picture of mom with the wind blown hair is FANTASTIC.

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

If you need any mouse catching tips, just as me... mice don't scare me at all. I can't believe that a beautiful place like Hawaii has such nasty little creatures.

Ryan Edwards said...

don't worry, I made Ryan turn his head. He does tend to get nightmares. What a fun trip! I am glad mom and dad are having fun!

Karen C.

Ryan and Christina said...

That is too funny! Was it still alive when you released it? Looked like it was a goner from the pictures.

Scott and Natalie said...

Wow, the fun never ends in Hawaii. I'm curious, was "mouse-catching" on the itinerary? :)

It is Wednesday morning, and I've yet to see the summary of Tuesday's activities. Step it up, Brady!

Eric and Jill said...

I'm glad Zac has a hard head. After my friend's one and a half year old banged his head on our hardwood floor (on purpose and without tears), I hope that Leo will be blessed with one too (fijngers crossed)!!! And btw, the only reason I didn't name Leo Harry was because it didn't go well with Phelan! I'm so happy luck worked in my favor as I now know mice are better suited for that name!

Julie said...

Hahahahaha! Mouse catching! That's awesome! I read your post during class and am trying not to laugh! Good times ( :