Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our New Digs

Living Room, Office: Cherry wall:Functional Kitchen:
Zac's Bedroom/Playroom:
Whoo-hoo: 2 SINKS! And teal walls!
When my family stayed here in March, my sister Janece ran to me and pulled me outside to show me evidence that "there used to be more to this house...see the shower?"
Abundant natural lighting:

Gripes:
-Leaks, everywhere. Refrigerator, sinks, washing machine, toilet--you name it, and it leaks.
-Broken garbage disposal, broken floor board, broken television (which led to new television, seen above)
-Dirty, ew... The "professional" clean hardly even included surfaces, as evident by numerous cobwebs, barefoot black feet, and crumbs under the very-mobile couch.
-Owner's junk all had to be packed up and placed carefully in the attic=sweat and hours and hours and hours of labor.

This is no brand-new, hardly-lived-in, white-walled condo. My bedroom has pink walls, my wicker furniture is hardly fashionable, and this house wasn't even ready for Internet!

We love it.

Hibiscus surrounds our yard, along with several Plumeria trees:

The green (or as seen here, slightly brown) belt:

Zachary's backyard freedom:






Worth each minute, leak, and even my very black feet.

14 comments:

Eric and Jill said...

sweet mama!

Heather said...

you had to pack away the old owners stuff? why? couldn't you just toss it? blah.
nice big kitchen!! and i love your back yard.

Brady and Karen said...

It's a "fully furnished" unit, so all their stuff is supposedly on the inventory. I highly doubt it, as there was tons and tons of junk in the cabinets and such. Oh well!

Ryan and Christina said...

Love the new digs-I wish my backyard looked like that!

Julie said...

Ahhhhh! I love it! Despite the gripes, I'm going to have to agree with you, it's awesome!

Also, very cute pics of Zach!

Jenni said...

I think I would be happy in a hut living in Hawaii! You guys are so lucky. I am so jealous.

Scott and Natalie said...

Nice pad guys! I'd chose your place over a hospital room.

Suburban Monkey said...

Lookin good guys...and the back yard...ummm yes please!!

Kristen said...

If you have a new place, that means we need to come visit so we can imagine you in your new place. You need to keep track of how many sea turtles you see.

Natalie and Steve said...

Oh goodness. Where did that cute baby of yours go? He's so cute and big! Josh's role model for sure. :D

Em said...

Wait, was that your back yard or a gold course? Can I move in with you? I'll bring duck tape to fix leaks?!?
Congrats on the new space!

Brady and Karen said...

Not a golf course.

Yes, you can move in, if:

You bbsit Zac once a week so I can play tennis with Brady,

and...

You paint my pink bedroom walls some color within the "neutral" spectrum.

Melanie said...

Awesome! The views are incredible!
We want to come to HI REALLY badly! It'd be fun to see you when we do!
I'm training for the Wasatch Back RAGNAR. You inspire me! Both you and Kristen!

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

Can we move in?