Wednesday, June 17, 2009

VEM Reunion, 4

The Beach House


The Beach House is getting to be a hoppin' place on our blog. This is the last time you will see us here for a long time. Gotta give the bank account a little breather!

We had a perfect table, and the scenery never disappoints here. Best line of the night: Aaron, as he is bringing a bite of fresh fish to his mouth, "Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes!"
I don't usually get embarrassed of our visitors...usually.
We chose the pregnant pose instead of PDA. (No, I'm not preggo.)

The gals:
The boys:

Switching couples for dessert so we could have what we really felt like. Again, not usually embarrassed, but...

Last Gigs at the Beach

This is my all-time favorite beach picture of Zachary.


More pictures that make me think, "Can't wait for the zoom lens!"

It's fun to have so many photographers around. I love how Zachary is holding me in this picture.
He almost fell asleep with me, but Julie had the magic touch.

Zachary--once again--is baffled about where you all disappeared to. He checked closets, bathrooms, cars, and the garage for you. Thanks for the good times and memories. See you at the Provo Half Marathon?

7 comments:

NW Varneys said...

I sent in my registration today.

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

One (of many) great thing that happened due to this trip, is that Coleman is now very excited to go on vacation again! Now that I have him hooked maybe we will be doing a bit more real vacationing in our future! Thanks guys for making the trip so amazing that he wants to do more!

NW Varneys said...

What do you mean by "real vacation." 1. Vacation without kids to anywhere, 2. Vacation to a place other than visiting family with kids, or 3. Other vacation option that I haven't thought of

NW Varneys said...

Sweet! I took your all-time favorite beach picture of Zachary! Well, that is a lot of qualifications, but nonetheless I am honored. :)

Just realized never posted comments. Sorry! At least every other day Aaron or I say to each other, "Let's go back to Hawaii now." :)

It was sooo fabulous--thanks again for everything.
And in answer to Brady's question a few weeks later, I think my favorite adventure/experience was the Kalalau Trail. I just couldn't soak up the beauty deeply enough. I think I need more pictures than the ones we took, so next time you go through your old pics of that hike, can you send some our way? Just your favorites--and definitely the one of the trees and water that is (was?) hanging in your kitchen. Oh, and I still have to say I *think* it was my favorite, because I really loved almost everything we did, and it's hard for me (unlike some others) to play favorites. :)

We will definitely visit Kauai again someday. To see what we missed at Hanalei :), to hike the full Kalalau Trail, and to get some more of that jam you gave us, since I was foolish enough to pack that in our carry-on, so we never got to taste it! lol

We watched half of South Pacific via Netflix, btw

Hope all is well with you guys!

Julie said...

Those pictures of you and Zach are so precious!

Kristen said...

Ellie saw this post and said, "That Zac. Zac like the ocean."

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

Vacation meaning--something other than going to visit family, and vacation meaning something that takes planning and a little bit of money! Such as a cruise or other vacation-y type things! Taking kids would still be considered a vacation too!