Monday, October 13, 2008

...and then we...

Yep, this is one of those posts with no apparent theme, but more the rambling "this is what we are up to" tone.
This week, Zachary and I decided that we need to get as good as K2 so we don't lose face in the Edwards family. We believe it will only take about 15 years of daily practice.Friday night, we headed off to Shipwreck's beach for a bonfire. (Seven Days, Seven Nights, but we will never jump off this cliff unless we are also being chased off by gunmen.) We did some boogie boarding for the first time at this location.

We decided the only difference between staying out at a bonfire until late into the night and camping is that you don't actually sleep under the stars. You avoid all the preparation, packing, and permits, you smell like campfire for a few days, eat s'mores, sing campfire songs, and yet still get a good night's sleep in your own bed after a hot shower.

Saturday, we went to watch the BYU game at Shaun's place. It was a hectic day. Although I am now relaxed enough with my Saturdays to watch a football game, I am definitely not ready to give up a beach/hike/play day. We rushed to go surfing (see that, Travis???) that afternoon. No pictures of the surfing. At this beach, you really have to watch the other person for a while--from the parking lot--to get good pictures surfing, and that wrecks the fun of playing with Zac on the beach.
By the way, props to Brady. Rather than making me get up early on a Saturday morning, or leaving me to do all the household chores, he got up early, took Zachary on a run with him, and cleaned the house with me--all before he had to leave to chaperone a youth activity at 8am!

Brady buried Zachary in the sand. He thought it was hilarious, and was still able to manage the "face-plant-then-LICK" method of eating his sand for the afternoon.
He realizes that his feet came uncovered...or someone's feet came uncovered...
...REACH!
We hope you folks in Utah are enjoying the snow.

11 comments:

Ryan Edwards said...

Zach buried in the sand is hilarious! I love how he's reaching for his feet. That's about as close as I can reach my feet without being covered in sand.

Karri said...

looks like so much fun!Zach is getting so big...He is such a little surfer dude!

Melanie said...

Yeah just rub it in!!! Though, it really gives me the itch to start cooking and baking. ;D That smell of the heater first turning on and the cold brisk air outside makes me want to bake a pie or something. :D haha. Glad you're enjoying your beautiful weather. ;D

Em said...

I LOVE your description of the differences between camping and late night bonfire. I couldn't agree more!

Unknown said...

I say this a lot, but it remains true: what a cute kid you have! And he is so lucky to have you guys as parents.

Dean and Lana Edwards said...

Sleeping in your own bed sounds pretty good, but camping out in paradise...it couldn't be all that bad either.

Dean and Lana Edwards said...

Sleeping in your own bed sounds pretty good, but camping out in paradise...it couldn't be all that bad either.

Jenni said...

Cute burried kid! ... and you guys get up way too early!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I like the pictures and comments about Zachary, but my favorite one is the one where you say "Reach."
Anna

Anonymous said...

Way toooooo cute!
Janece

Anonymous said...

Way toooooo cute!
Janece