Monday, October 13, 2008

It gets cold in Kauai, too

From the Kauai Guidebook:

"When it does rain during the day, it is usually quite short-lived, often lasting a matter of minutes... If you're inland, you will often be able to hear the rain approaching. When you hear the sound of a rushing river but there isn't one around, take cover until it passes."

In our case: 16 min, with no options for cover. Every cup holder in the stroller was overflowing with water.

Poor little man has never shivered so much.
A warm bath brightened him right up.
I believe this might be pay-back from my mocking comment to Utah's snow last post.

5 comments:

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

I'll trade you any day for the rain vs. the cold snow in Utah. Tonight we sat out in freezing temps. watching Bryson's soccer game. I had to pull out the winter coats, hats, and gloves. We were chilled to the bone! But nothing a little hot chocolate couldn't cure (I know your jealous over that part).

~~Heidi~~ said...

you guys look cold, but at least it all ended with happy faces!

cory said...

I ran into a hail storm with our double stroller. Blake and Rachel were ticked. The bath also cured their pains.

Unknown said...

Hahaha! You'll definitely want to save that last picture. It'll be a great one for the future girlfriend =)

Suburban Monkey said...

A warm bath always warms my core back up! I dont think i have ever been anywhere where it has started down pouring and i have not been able to take shelter...sounds kinda fun!?