Sunday, August 24, 2008

Splish, Splash

As we await the arrival of our Kelty Child Carrier, we've spent the past two weekends playing in the water. Last weekend, we all got sunburnt on a perfect day at Kealia Beach:
We finally got a shot to hang in our half bathroom.
"For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand..." Two seconds later, both sets were gone.
This weekend, we started out with our Brennecke's Friday tradition with perfect boogie boarding waves (4-6') and a BBQ with work friends. Yesterday afternoon, we followed it up with the Cook families and Nic and Heidi snorkeling at Hideaways. We do not have much longer on the North Shore before it gets rough, so we took advantage of the calm waters to see beautiful, huge fish, including large parrot fish. Mandy actually watched Zachary for a while so Brady and I could snorkel together. It was so fun, although I will confess that I had a mild panic attack when I lost visibility and brushed up against the coral. Scuba diving? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I think as long as I can learn in depth about what will hurt me and what will not hurt me, I will stop freaking out. We'll see!
The best part was the little "baby beach" we played in for three hours. I think Zac splashed the entire time he was in the water, which probably amounted to two hours. The rest of the time, he was adding to his solids by tasting sand. Yummy.

7 comments:

Eric and Jill said...

beautiful pics!

cory said...

I love love love the footprint picture. So, your life is awesome. But, yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought five boxes of Cracklin Oatbran for $10 total.

- Kristen

Suburban Monkey said...

you've got to frame that footprint picture!

The Marecles said...

Sounds like you guys are still doing great and having fun. Good to hear.

Unknown said...

Did I mention that Zac is a dang cute kid?

NW Varneys said...

great job on the family footprints. we tried to do one of those a few weeks ago at our beach, and the sand was too hard. it was so perfect in my mind's eye....

Em said...

as everyone has already said...I LOVE THE FOOTPRINT PICTURE!