Sunday, July 15, 2007

North Shore Excursion

A cloudy/rainy day at our home on the East shore meant we were anxious to get to another part of the island yesterday. After all, you can't waste a Saturday. We took off toward Hanalei Bay, but changed our minds and camped out at Ke'e Beach. (I use the word "camped" because of all the gear you end up trucking up to the sand--fins, mask, cooler, chairs, towels, book, etc.!)

I enjoyed my second taste of snorkeling on the island. The first time, I was pretty weirded out, but now I am much more comfortable in the water. Brady even taught me how to dive down (not really an impressive feat, but a BIG baby step for me). There were beautiful purple/orange/bright pink fish to follow around.

On the way home, we decided to stop at Tunnels Beach. We have read that it is some of the best snorkeling on the island. It was incredible! We should have spent the entire day here. The beach is really terrible for anything but snorkeling because of the rock right below you, but the fish are so close and abundant! Most of the group got up close and personal with a huge turtle. Nic had a good time throwing around sea cucumbers. I still need to learn what is dangerous and what is not, because that gave me quite a jolt to see the creature flying towards me in the water.

This is the only time I remembered to bring the camera.

Brady, Nic, Heidi, and Nic's cousin Heidi out for a swim.

Heidi and Ty hanging out on the the beach.

I've decided that Ty is quite a beach bum. He stays entertained for hours at a time, playing with the chairs, sunglasses, sand toys, and water.

We're sad Brady's brother Ryan wasn't along for the adventure, but we're still counting on a visit soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl in the chair is pretty hot, can you post her phone #?

~~Heidi~~ said...

Hey guys that was so much fun!! Thanks so much for hanging out with us, and for watching my boy while i went snorkeling! You guys are the bestest ever!!

Anonymous said...

I saw you staring at my wife.

Emily said...

I am so sad that you guys aren't here right now! Everyone has been getting here for the reunion these past few days and it just isn't the same without you guys!

Keri Hennefer said...

So much fun in Hawaii! but I have to know....you guys have been bugging us for so long to get a blog, and now that we have one, we are not even one of your favorites on your blog! I am offended! Just kidding, looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Check us out at jordanandkeri.blogspot.com