Wednesday, June 13, 2007

At Last!

On Friday, Brady and I finally reunited after 6 looonnnngggg weeks apart. Brady took me to a yummy restaurant in celebration of my bday, where we had a fantastic view and delicious fresh fish.



After dinner, we went over to the Marriot and used their ammenities. A wedding was going on, so there was great music to accompany swinging on the hammock.

Saturday morning, we picked up my grandparents from the airport. They were on a trip for their 50th wedding anniversary, which was actually Friday. We went out to Waimea Canyon (i.e. the "Grand Canyon" of Hawaii), followed by lookouts of the Na Pali Coast.





Grandma and Grandpa treated us to the famous macademia-nut-ice-cream-based icees at Jo Jo's, followed later in the day by dinner at Keoki's--our favorite restaurant here so far. The outdoor, tropical ambience (complete with water cascading along the rocks next to your table) is a delight.



We polished off dinner with Hula Pie--macadamia nut ice cream topped with hot fudge and nuts. Yum.


Sunday, we visited our ward, greeted with the traditional leis and Aloha! song. After church, we drove all the way up the coast, taking in views and giving Grandpa a chance to take pictures to his heart's content. (The last 2 pics are his.)



11 comments:

cory said...

Alright, new pictures! Thanks for posting guys. I expect you to be proxy for me as you live there. Please keep taking pictures.

I'm jealous of your trip to Jo-Jo's. Kristen and I tried to go last year and the line was about 30 minutes long so we passed on it. It is on our list of things to do in October.

Emily said...

Hey guys! Glad to see that you are both now safely in Hawaii. We miss you and wish we had had more time with you but we are excited for your new adventures!

Eric and Jill said...

Karen, I can't believe you just let me get so up close and personal with your feet. When I clicked on the swinging pic, there they were in their enlarged glory. Well, they're lovely and so are you in that skirt! I have a white one just like it. You guys are freakin' adorable. And your grandparents still look great since I've seen them last.

Scott and Natalie said...

Holy Freakin' Paradise!!! Talk about living the life! Well Karen, is it everything you dreamed of and more (I'm taling about Hawaii now, not Brady ;) ).

What an amazing experience you'll be having. Don't forget about us in tropical Idaho (like Brady has already. He hasn't called once!!!).

Brady said...

Thanks, Jill, for adding to my feet complex. haha

Dale and Linda said...

Hawaii is so beautiful. Enjoy every second. It was so fun to see your pictures. Dale and I need to come for a visit. We are only 2 years away from our 40th anniversary. By then Dean and Lana could go with us to celebrate. Have fun!

NW Varneys said...

So crazy you're actually there. We are a bit jealous! You gonna do any triathlons there? I here there's a big Ironman or something in the area.

Travis and Jamie said...

We can't believe that ya'll moved to Hawaii!! We haven't been on for a while, and were actually just talking a few days ago about how we needed to come and visit ya'll in Cali. I guess we will have to come to Hawaii. Ofcourse that may not be for quite a while.

Julie said...

You two must be so excited to be reunited again! Is this moving thing becoming an annual tradition?? ;) Keep the pictures coming so the rest of us can live through you. It looks beautiful there!

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

I am so excited to come see you guys in Sept. I would love to have one of those Hawaiian shaved ice rigth now!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, aaah! Yum! Oooh, aaah!