Friday, December 22, 2006

The Nutcracker

Magical.

The Nutcracker exceeded my expectations, especially for having the cheapest seats available. I feel like I understand the words "grace" and "composure" on a new level. My heart was racing throughout the entire production, and I left feeling like I couldn't get enough ballet and Tchaikovsky. Beautiful.

This is the War Memorial Opera House, and if you look closely, you can see the gigantic nutcrackers between pillars.

Right outside the Opera House.

This is City Hall. It was so pretty lit up. It reminded me of a lot of the sites we want to see in Europe.

If you come to the city, you have to see the San Francisco Ballet. Definitely worth it.

3 comments:

Ken said...

wow. very amazing. It seems like you guys are always visiting awesome places...

I have a new blog address... justplainken.blogspot.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Scott and Natalie said...

Wow Karen, are you talking about Brady in that first post. ;)
-Scott (sorry, I'm dying here laughing)

Travis and Jamie said...

Hey you guys. Thanks for the card for Christmas. Good luck with the adoption. We are expecting #3 on July 20th. Hope all is great with you guys. And hope you had a great Christmas.