Thursday, August 10, 2023

May Flowers and Showers and So Many Activities that it Wasn't Compiled Until August.

The minor and major events of May: 

Zachary gets his new room photos (major for him, minor for me)...


...and dances with me on a Sunday afternoon (minor of him, major for me).

Kate danced 5 days a week, including a long rehearsal every Saturday in preparation for the ballet, "Sleeping Beauty."  She almost always had time with friends planned into post-rehearsal, racing home to do piano and a chore before filling up her hours with pool, making videos, roller skating, Roblox, and trampoline.


She had a chorus number in her May Day program.  I feel like such a loser parent this year--missing the event completely so I could teach.  


My cousin Steven and his wife Kellie came for a week.  They stayed at Koloa Landing but we were able to see them nearly every day.  It's been 10 years or more since I've seen Steven and I had never met his wife or kids.  They are such a charming family and Owen/Ryan were inseparable despite a 3 year age gap.








Sunday night dinner/celebration with their family.  Steven and Kellie have been through so much and it was inspiring to hear their stories filled with optimism despite hardship.  Also, when Steven sat next to Brady at church, everyone assumed he was Brady's brother and certainly not my relative.

Kate got her splits!



A dinner out and Kate's first every outside-the-home babysitting gig for pay.



Saying goodbye to our new friends/cousins was so sad for the littles.


Owen decided he wanted to bake with me every Sunday.  That lasted 3 Sundays but hoping he will take up the hobby again, because having a cooking/cookie companion is the best part of an afternoon.



Zachary cracked himself up over his hair.  He had a special system for creasing his hair "just so," approximately 25 times an hour.






Stebbedlark Sunday soccer:


Owen wanted a photo with Kelly so badly, and really wanted to display his book-of-the-moment.

Months later, Owen is still talking about these puppies and wonders how they are doing.  


Owen had a strong soccer season--scoring many goals and coming into his own as a player. Hoping to carry that into next season!





He has a friend over as often as possible, but he's also happy just cruising with Kate or on the beach.


An afternoon with friends, football, and my doggie paw prints.



He loves her so much.
Spirit week fish lips.

When the waves aren't the best, it's a good opportunity to grade papers.

The two boys who always look like twins during baseball games.


Bubba's with my boy to celebrate the start of summer....

...and saying goodbye to classmates.

A rainy soccer day for Zachary, who refereed 3 games almost every Saturday in addition to playing afterwards on a team without subs.  

A Sunday walk at Mahaulepu.
He loves her so much.

Brady and the kids made me feel like gold on Mother's Day.

This popsicle reminds me an awful lot of something else...smirk.
Zachary's letter made me cry.

And Kate can deliver a heart-felt thanks.


SUMMER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! -elise