Sunday, March 13, 2022

That Week We Had Steve and Natalie to Ourselves

 I repeat myself here, I know.  But the hardest part about living here is family and friends faraway.  The best part is when they come and we get them to ourselves.  After a storm-delayed rough start, Steve and Natalie made the 16-hour journey and we soaked up our time with them.

This is exactly what it looks like having them around: them interacting and making the effort with our kids.

So, so impressed at the number of times they hopped on the trampoline with the kids.  I love jumping on the tramp with the kids but I do it out of love, not because it is super fun to bounce in the blazing sun while trying not to pee my pants.

Sunday night was the best.  We enjoyed dinner and then the Poipu whales put on a spectacle.  Baby whale and mama whale pranced around in the water, displaying full breeches while we lost our minds on shore.


The sunset was a gorgeous conclusion to a perfect evening.

I worked several days while they were there, and they entertained themselves hiking one of my favorites (Nuololo), boogie boarding Kealia, and taking a raft tour of Napali.  Our plans to utilize our hiking passes to Hanakapaia were cancelled along with most of Ohio's flights with the winter storm when they missed the day to hike.  We made sure to fulfill their hiking quota, though!

Owen and I had the day off on Friday and joined them on the hike along Shippies/Mahaulepu.

Owen loved having their complete attention.
Another evening, we went out to see the nesting turtles.  I love my iPhone photos--it was pitch dark.
They both love to paddle board so we went to Kalipaki on their last day here.  This is the serious of photos I captured of Owen's response to "smile!"





We fulfilled Steve's poke bowl request with a trip to Monster Sushi.



Other everyday moments with them: playing Mario Kart and Just Dance (while Roxy licks herself).



The fruit stand was miraculously open so we bought local fruits--apple bananas, rambutan and lychee.

Brady grilled up pizzas their last night.
It was her idea.  Promise!  I loved these sister moments.



Saying our goodbyes!  Until next time, Monsons!




No comments: