Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Nutcracker

Nutcracker!  Donʻt you hear Tchaikovsky music pumping through your brain when you hear that trigger word?  Kate has practiced with her ballet crew for months in preparation and the big day finally arrived.

They got a practice round before the big day, performing a modified/shortened production at PMRF. 


Kate was on the homepage for ticket sales.

I remember Kristen once asking me to do Ellieʻs hair for dance.  It was a mistake she never made again.  Ballet buns are HARD for me.

The day of the performance finally arrived months of long Saturday rehearsals.  Kate was ecstatic to see the elves give her a message: they wanted to see her perform, too!  She made me promise they could see the show from where I sat.



We couldnʻt believe it when Penelope showed up with her elf, too!


The show was spectacular.  It was the first Nutcracker performance on the island, and the cast performed well, sound was excellent, and Koloa Landing came through on the environment.  I helped check COVID vaccination status, served as an usher, and also ran the silent auction with a few others.  I loved being involved behind the scenes.

Owenʻs preschool friend, Sophelia:


Apparently my family was not up for waiting on a photo op while I collected silent auction funds from the winners.



Kate invited several people to come, and got Gabby and Ms. Perreira tickets.  It was such an honor for her to perform for her teacher.



The show was funny and had all these teen boys hoping to score the big roles when they are seniors in high school.


BFF: ballet friends forever.


Until next year!

No comments: