Sunday, January 10, 2021

Family Photos 2020 by Michelle


We took family photos again this year because: 1) Now is not the time to cut back on spending for local goods and services, and 2) Of course we needed Roxy up on our wall.  The kids insisted she be in every picture and we just about made that happen.  


Michelle took our photos this year.  She took them at Shipwrecks three years ago and I loved her then, but I love her now even more.  It was all so comfortable and easy with her, even while picking up puppy poop, finding geckos, and hearing, "Are we almost done?" three minutes into our session.



Our family loves these cliffs and we explore them often.


You think this picture is of a mom and dad sharing a romantic moment but the real romance here is between Kate and Roxy.
I felt silly getting a few without the kids but I love them so much and I'm glad she made me do it.



I think the "Who Changed Most This Year" goes to Kate.










The last weeks of tween.

Owen gets a puppy and immediate asks for more pets: bunnies and chickens are his first choice, but a nearly dead gecko is a close second.



This one is called "Tourist Family":


Owen sees the canvas of himself on Brady's shoulders and wanted to make sure Michelle took a picture "just like the one on Dad's wall."  
Nailed it:
Zac's first kiss:

If you want to know who really loves this dog the most, look no further.  These two are soulmates.
And the grand finale is my favorite photo from the session, where a sweet, persistent sister grasps her older brother, who is also clutched by his younger brother.  This baby is going on the wall of my half bath where all the visitors to my home will see it and recognize that these kids obviously never fight.  Yeah, yeah, I jest but I do love this photo and the way my kids love each other.  (Also, do you see the whale tail in the water???)

 Thanks to Michelle, the ocean, the kids, Brady, and the pup for making this all so easy.  I'm so glad we captured these images, even though I was too late for Christmas.  

Just kidding about the whale.

2 comments:

Elise Edwards said...

I looked for a whale for a straight minute. Ha!! -elise

Kevin Nufer said...

You got me too! Nice pictures. Your kids are getting old.