Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Family Pictures 2018

Family Photos: most dreaded day of the year.  We hired Francys this year, and we were happy with the work she did.  I do wish we had more casual shots, more with individual kids, and in a few more poses, but when you come away with at least one good shot, it is a success.


The prelude to pictures is so dramatic on an island where nothing gets here on time and you can't try it on until it arrives.  I ended up in a white top and jeans after failing on a few dresses.
 It was painful to get to this rock outcropping with bare feet!  Our fault, though: this location was our choice in our attempt to avoid another family photo shoot at Shippys.


 Owen loves to "comb my hair":


 I try not to be annoyed that Owen finally looked at the camera for the funny faces. 
This was our winner for canvasing:
  Zac and Kate were rock stars, and Owen had a million funny expressions.






 Zachary tried to match Owen's crazy.

 My favorite of Kate:


 His toes were in the water with every wave.  "It going to get me?"

 My favorite of Owen:
 Owen will say "CHEESE" if you give him a bag of M&Ms!
 Francys wanted us to kiss and we are not super into that for pics.  We have plenty of wedding photos.





 My favorite of Zachary:
 I know Owen is wildly over-represented, but that is what happens when you are 2.





 She is such a tough, fun gem:


 My favorite of the shoot:
 The kids were relieved to be done and played with sticks.










 The sunset kissed us goodnight and fell behind the water with a chorus of my favorite parrots singing in the trees.





1 comment:

Natalie and Steve said...

Nice! It's my least-favorite day of the year too. I dread getting outfits together and "making" everyone happy. I am a big fan of the "we'll go get ice cream after if you are all good" bribe. Such a relief when it is done!

Your shots are beautiful! I love seeing your family.