Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Soccer Ends, Owen is 4 Months, and May (Vacation!) is Here

Zachary worked hard on Team Onipa'a, chasing down balls as a mostly mid-fielder this year.  His team struggled, winning only one game and tying another.  In most of the games, Zac was a key player and we were really pleased with how much he challenged, chased, and worked the ball.  We'd love to see him participate with a team that understands passing and field position better, but apparently the rules for kids this age are completely changing for next year anyway.  

Our goalie was pretty distracted.  More than one ball flew by him while he watched another game.  Haha!






 Zac loved soccer this season.  He went to practice super excited and ready to play.  He came home sweatier than I've ever seen him and with a nearly purple face.  He was respectful and listened to coaches, and got along great with his teammates.  Sometimes when I sit in the car while it pours and we miss half of a Saturday from watching his game, I wonder if team sports are worth it, but I am pretty convinced that (some) team sports are very valuable experiences.

Owen is 4 months!  He holds his head up so well, rolls over on accident, coos, and occasionally giggles.  I have yet to hear the giggles but Brady and Zac claim they happen.  He consistently sleeps through the night from about 9pm to 6am.  It's a dream.  His daytime naps are awful and horribly inconsistent but who in the world cares when he sleeps at night?!?

His fuzzy, bald head is my favorite and he is my most cuddly baby so far.  He loves to lay on my shoulder and get rocked, even when it's not even close to sleep time.  He hates it the car seat passionately.  Still.  He will sit in the swing for a few minutes but really just wants to be held.  That works out pretty well because we like to hold him, but also brings his tears in the morning while I get Kate's hair done, etc.

Owen sucks on everything.  My sweaty shoulder, his blankets, the car seat, toys, binkeys, and his entire fist.  He is so wet from his mouth to his belly button that I have to change him at least once during the day.  Kate was the same way and everyone said she was teething, but the teeth came much, much later.

I love to breastfeed him.  I decided I was on board with the naturalizing breastfeeding movement and now he refuses to let me cover him up ever while he eats.  Ha!  It's been a lot more comfortable for him than it was for Kate, who sweat her brains out under a light blanket.  I am wondering how that swings out on vacation with a more conservative crowd.  Eek.  





 I love this picture the most.  Ah!  Couldn't you just nibble on those little piggies?  (He sure does.)

 My favorite feature is his mouth.  It is so perfect.  My second favorite are his eyes because he looks just like Brady.
I can't close off this post without a couple pics of Kate.  She is so patient.  She had her last co-op preschool day last week which ended with a dance party.  She is still in her other preschool for a few more sessions, but she is ready for Kindergarten!  She can legitimately read and is confident making friends.  I look at her and can't believe the changes of the past few months.


Yay!  Now I can go on vacation in a couple hours without blog guilt.  Hehe!  Can't wait for the mountains, family, friends, and food.

No comments: