Monday, April 21, 2014

Kate's Birthday Party

 What?!  A birthday party for a 3-year-old?  Yes, I think that sounds crazy, too, but it happened.  Kate planned out her princess party the day that Zachary had his party months ago.  I was embarrassed to send out invites, but we made it low key as a luncheon for the moms and a little party for the kids.  It was a fun way for the kids to hang out together at a venue besides the park and beach.

This was the only thing I went overboard on.  I swear, these projects look like they will take 5 minutes (yes, I know the end result really does only look like I spent 5 min), but they take hours.  Check out the castle that held no real purpose besides decoration.

 I remember taking pictures of the games, but apparently I did not.  This was a month ago, so maybe I created the memory in my dreams since then.

We did sidewalk chalk with Repunzel...

 ...combed our hair using a dinglehopper with Ariel,


 (The boys were good sports.)

...built a tower of books with Belle,
 ...dressed up and posed like Mulan,

...threw giant marshmallow snowballs at the snow monster from "Frozen," colored Jasmine's pet tiger, and pinned a smile on Grumpy from Snow White.

Then we ate lunch.  PB&J, carrots, apples, and cupcakes for the kids, and my new favorite salad from Epicurious: Farmer's Market Salad with Spiced Goat Cheese.
 Kate blew out her candles,
 ...and ate only the frosting and sprinkles from her cupcake.
 Chin-lickin good:


 Kate opened play dough kits (the best!) and princess goodies.


 Retrospectively, I know I didn't need to do this little party, but it was delightful and I don't regret it.  I do feel guilty that people brought gifts, but oh well.  I loved spending time with the ladies and I loved playing games with the kids.  I love preschoolers with their energy, innocence, and need for affection.  What a sweet age.

A few days later, we saw Zachary win an award at school in the PTA Reflections contest.  This is him displaying his certificate (and accidentally covering up his best friend's face):

 And a few more pictures of our little gal who can't get enough dress up time:


 Finally, topping it off with some driveway time:






I had a month of time since her party, and all I really remember is that time passed so quickly.  Our house is moving along rapidly, and we are always, always researching the next purchases.  Brady's work situation is intense right now, and he tries hard to see us, but he's definitely packing in the hours.  He's in Oahu two days a week, and between those days, managing quite a few other projects and working from home late into the night.  We're glad life isn't always this frantic.  It obviously isn't so frantic that I can't squeeze in a princess party...

1 comment:

Kevin Nufer said...

Cute pics! I think Kate looks so much like Karen.