Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ooohhh, Baby!

Pressure's on and I am finally releasing the dreaded profile shot. 19.5 weeks...halfway there!
Our ultrasound was today and the verdict is: GIRL! I've wanted a girl from the beginning and haven't been shy about that, but then the last week or so I realized "I don't really care." Then, I heard the doc say "Girl," and it turns out I really was hoping for pink! Brady and I both predicted boy, so apparently we have no intuition about these things.
Mr. Zac wanted a turn with the profile shot:

"Don't mess with my sister."
Zachary is a little kisser these days. He wakes me up every morning with a kiss smack on my lips, and he isn't shy showing affection for our little 11 oz wonder.
The doctor said he had a Halloween surprise waiting for us--the 3D images of baby girl. I guess we are blinded by love, because I'm telling you these pictures almost made me cry. It's a good thing Zac was there doing everything in his power to distract us--pulling on my toes, opening the curtain, and asking everyone to "Look!" at whatever he was doing.

I promise these are the only ultrasound pics we will post, but seriously, we are in love.
Baby Kate:

Huge head:
Thumbs up!

All day long, I've been so excited I can't think about anything else. It's been a long road to this point, and I finally feel that sigh of relief (that won't come fully until she's here!). 20 more weeks doesn't seem bad at all, but ask me again 15 weeks from now.

20 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Karen, I can't even tell you how happy for you I am. Congrats on your new little girl... (jealous - just a little)

Karri said...

I'm so happy you finally have it posted!!! You look great!I love ZAc's poses... He will be an awesome big brother! Congrats to you!

Leslie said...

We are soooo happy for you! I love the ultrasound pictures, and it's okay to cry over them. I always did. :) Wait until you hear her first cry!
Love ya,
Mom

Natalie and Steve said...

What ADORABLE belly pictures! I love them! I've kind of been hoping to see them soon and I'm SO excited!

I'm also thrilled that you're getting your girl! I'm sure Zac will be the best big brother!

Heather said...

Nothing is cuter the big brother! Andrew always tells me what toys Lyla can play with (from watching toy commercials).
Congratulations to you and your family!!
Match 13! That's only 2 days before my birthday!

Scott and Natalie said...

You look wonderful and so does Kate. Precious girl and a precious name. Congratulations!

Julie said...

Once again... I'm SO incredibly excited for you!! Congrats!

Ryan and Christina said...

Just came across this post! AHhh, okay, you definitely have to come back now so we can do girl stuff together. I am so happy and excited for you. AND you look adorable, so keep posting pics girl! Did I see right that the baby is going to be named Kate? You through that in there nochalantly so I wasn't sure ;)
So cute!

Barbie Mills said...

Yay! My mom heard and passed on your big news a few weeks ago, and I almost cried I'm so happy for you. Girls are so much fun. Zac is going to be a great big brother! Congrats!

Travis and Jamie said...

Ok, so I totally missed that you were preggo!! CONGRATS!

The Marecles said...

That is great to hear. Congratulations!

Eric and Jill said...

I'm finally back on the computer after killing this cough of mine with a Z pack! YAY oh YAY oh!!! Who showed Zac how to pose like a tough boy? Love you guys!!! I know, random, I need some sleep! xo

Brady and Karen said...

Thanks, guys!

We told Zac to flex his muscles, and usually he does it the standard "stand and shake" way, but this time he crossed his arms and we caught it. Hilarious. I don't know that he'd do it again if we asked him.

Brady and Karen said...

Oh, yes, Christina, it's baby Kate. I've loved that name for probably 9 years.

Emily Gibbons said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I was so voting for a girl! You're so cute! I wish you were closer! Congratulations, we're so incredibly happy for you guys!

Alicia said...

Congratulations Karen & Brady! All we know are girls around here so get ready for drama but they are fun, especially to shop for!

Sherie said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am SOO excited for you. Girls are SO fun! Love it love it! And I love your cute tummy. We need more of those in future posts! :)

Kevin Nufer said...

That's so fun! But you told me you were hoping for a boy at first! We like girls though (we think!).

You're a good-looking pregnant lady, by the way.

Julie said...

I'm just catching up on your blog and saw the big news - CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Melanie said...

We are so elated for you guys! Congratulations! Its such a blast having one of each! We are so happy for you! I cry too! :D