Sunday, August 23, 2009

Utah 5: The Wedding!

The morning of Kevin and Kristen's wedding, it was gusty, rainy and cold. By the time we reached the temple, it was a perfect day. Their ceremony was beautiful and intimate.
Emily with her 3.5 children (Lia, Quinn, and Mikayla), waiting for Kevin and Kristen to come out from the temple:
Grandpa Nufer, Grandma Nufer, and Grandma Richards:
My Dad and Grandpa:
Husband and wife!
Lia has the ideal innocent-little-angle pose:

Mindy and Janece, looking a little older than they did at my wedding:
Zachary wasn't sure why he couldn't run around with his ball or get into the fountain:

Kevin and Grandma:

Natalie and her baby, Joshua:

Kev and his best man, Jeremy:
After the pictures, we went to Mimi's for a luncheon. Zachary was so pleased with his PB&J, he ate almost the entire plate. He had a "little" help from the girls eating his fries.

Love these two:
The reception was at the Beal's home in Layton. Their spacious yard was meticulously cared for and the reception felt fancy and comfortable at the same time. They had a fantastic turnout and we were able to chat with many friends and family. The reception ended all too quickly.
Cheesecake wedding cake:

Cutting the cake, heading to the car:

Side Note: Had I remembered that Kevin was a major instigator in the car "decorations" at my wedding, he would not have driven away with such a simple mess. Kevin reminded me after the reception that he was the one who helped syran wrap, "Oreo" (using the word as a verb), and dent the roof of our car eight years ago.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

love the cheesecake picture. See you can do food pics! Lia's is awesome too with Emily in the background.

Unknown said...

I think that's a really good-looking bride! The hottest I've ever seen.

Love your pics! By the way, that crumpled-up cake on the back of your windshield that was so tacky? That was me too =( Sorry, I've mostly repented for that one ;)

Natalie and Steve said...

I love that you take loads and loads of pictures. I love the angles and the people and how great you make everyone look! I'm sure glad you were out here for the wedding and everything! It was great to see you!

Jamie said...

Congrats to Kevin! How funny that your little bro and my little bro (Jacob) both married the same summer?! Gosh...we could have probably met up sometime in UT somewhere....but with reunions and weddings...time flies! I swear... I NEVER see all the people I'd love to see while in UT!

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures!! I wish I could have been there!

But I CANNOT BELIEVE THE CAR DECORATING THING!!!! Who was in charge of that?! I think that Kevin has been a major instigator in EVERY SINGLE wedding car fiasco for the past 10 years (at least)... I can't believe he got away with a couple of pom poms and a bow!!.... sheesh... (eye roll)...

Ryan and Christina said...

Gosh, I think your only trips are to Utah for weddings! Everyone looks great-awesome family pictures!

Barbie Mills said...

It was so fun to see you and everyone! What a great visit. I'm really glad that it was north of Salt Lake so it was easy for us to come.

No one decorated our car at all at our wedding. It definitely made for an easy exit, but it would have been a little fun at the same time.