Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eventful

Event #1: Brady broke his arm at basketball on Thursday. He was flying high for a rebound, and had that much further to drop when his legs got taken out. He's brave, and has only cried twice.


Event #2: I expressed my creativity in true Edwards-style with a candy bar poster. I'm certain the cashier suspected bulemia.

Event #3: I ran my first 10K. I lost by 20 seconds. In the words of Seinfeld, "Congratulations, you almost won. Of all the losers, you came in first of that group. You're the No. 1 LOSER."

Event #4: Zac learned to decorate his hair at meal time. That equates to more showers throughout the week, including one where he joined me fully dressed.

Event #5: Zachary made it through three hours of church with a tie.


Event #6: Zachary fell asleep on the tile after said three hours. He is becoming a one-nap child (gone are my four hours of freedom), so he can barely make it through his afternoon bottle. Obviously, he didn't quite make it this time.

p.s. Brady didn't really cry.

16 comments:

Heather said...

oh boo, that sucks. but all in the name of defending mens church basketball!! may we take a knee and have a moment of silence. sorry brady.

Unknown said...

Ouch, Brady!

Those pictures of Zac are so cute! What a cute kid!

Unknown said...

PS Congratulations, Karen! I'd be pretty ok with being the first loser (as long as the person who beat me isn't a 14-year-old girl or something!).

Eric and Jill said...

Bummer on the break! But if you weren't living life to the fullest, these things would never happen. And if you were taking your calcium. jk, of course.

And Karen, CONGRATS - nice Seinfeld quote! I'd say you're a winner just for posting that. ;)

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

I love those long one nap a day naps! It kind of gives you more freedom with your day. Mornings are great for getting out of the house, and afternoons are nice long breaks for you. Zac looks precious.
Brady - sorry about your arm, that really sticks!

Scott and Natalie said...

Wow, I think you are the first Edwards boy to bust a bone playing sports. Seriously, that sucks. I guess that means you can get lots of lovin' from Karen now! :)

Scott and Natalie said...

Congrats Karen! Great racing! I think the first loser is much better than the hundredth. Cute little Zach, what an adventure, life with a baby!

Ryan and Christina said...

Second place, I'd still say that's pretty awesome! How many people were running?

Brady and Karen said...

Not enough to make 2nd look good. haha

Brady and Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cory said...

Forget the broken arm, forget the race, not interested in ties, and floor naps! When I saw that candy bar poster everything else evaporated. Karen, you have MAD skills at creating candy bar posters. I've never seen so many candy bars. Will you teach my wife?

Natalie and Steve said...

Jeez we were sorry to hear about Brady's arm! No fun!
We thought of you when we went to the Draper Temple open house and got to the Celestial Room. Not only did we think it was cute that Zac said "WOW!" but we had the exact same reaction. :)

PS--I enjoyed your bulemia comment.

Suburban Monkey said...

I am tellin you church basketball is brutal...did he give the other guy a good shiner?!!? :)
That is the sweetest picture of Zac with his tie, he looks like a little big man!

Dean and Lana Edwards said...

Zach with a tie looks like Church leadership material - certainly a future missionary. Racing and basketball, seem harmless enough, but even paradise has a few drawbacks. Hope your arm is better soon, Brady. Karen as far as we are concerned you are always a winner.

Em said...

Zachary looks xo handsome in his sunday garb. congrats in your new found status as #1 loser. Go you!

Keri Hennefer said...

Lucky you weren't playing against me Brady! I'da broke your neck, right after a flying elbow to the face!
JH