Monday, February 25, 2008

Our Beach is Back (and we're back at the beach)!

All summer, we hit Brennecke's Beach after work for boogie boarding. Good times. Over the winter, though, the beach filled up with rocks, making any sort of water activity treacherous--even for the locals. That factor combined with the murky-water, double shark spotting at this location only a few weeks ago left us without our favorite boogie board hangout on the island. We were excited to head back after Brady checked conditions earlier in the week. We found it almost back to normal.

We took turns splashing around, while one of us stayed back with Zachary. Zach's UV protected beach outfit really does it's job (or it could be the triple sun coverage you see below). That's right, Brady didn't get a degree in construction for nothing.

It's good to be back.

12 comments:

Scott and Natalie said...

Dude, those waves are calling my name! Will you build me up one of those umbrella huts when we come out, Brady?
- Scott

Kristen said...

Can you boogie board in November?

Brady and Karen said...

Yes, but location is the big question mark.

Emily said...

I feel like I am taking a little vacation every time I look at your blog. I love it. Good job on still getting out and doing things, I think its important to still have fun with a little one.

Ryan and Christina said...

I agree about the vaca every time we visit your blog-I wish that's what we did after work!! Love the tent for Zachary, glad to know he's not getting any Hawaii tan (not yet, anyway :) )

cory said...

You guys suck!

Keri Hennefer said...

OK so when can we come and visit you? It looks so beautiful and fun, I'm impressed you are having so much fun with little Zachery! I can tell you guys are great parents.

Anonymous said...

I might be the only one who would notice, but I LOVE the quilt in the tent picture. It has such vibrant colors and energy! What a great beach blanket.

Nelson said...

Oh the life!

jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Edwards said...

I concur with Cornscuzz.

Lacy said...

I am so jealous! I love to boogie board. Is it true that they call it sponging out there?