Thursday, January 24, 2008

Zachary's Announcements

Finding a 4X6" envelope around here is a little ridiculous. Here are Zachary's announcements. Angela's friend Lindsey took the pictures, and put them into the announcements. Impressive, huh? My favorites are the first and second. Which one is your favorite??? (We'd really like 25 comments again....!!!)




As for an update...

Zachary slept almost the entire way home on the plane. The next day, he woke up at 7am, and between 7am and 7pm, he slept about an hour. The rest of the time he spent crying and fussy. Brady and I were a little panicked! The night wasn't a lot better. We decided to take him to the doctor, where we discovered that he had popped blood vessels in his ears from the plane ride. We both breathed a sigh of relief, since colic sets in around 2 weeks, and we thought we were in for a long couple of months!!! Welcome to parenthood, right???

The last few days, Zach and I have taken lots of walks, entered the world of "play dates," and mostly just relaxed. I started to go out of my mind a couple of days ago, and created a massive "To-Do" list. I think that will keep me in check, and enjoying this mommy deal. I have to go back to work in about 2 weeks, and I am focusing on enjoying my time with this little dude.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! how wonderful! Congrats you two... the girls will be thrilled.

Ken said...

Definitely the first and second! Congratulations!!!!

Kristen said...

As long as the list includes: posting on the recipe blog.

Anonymous said...

Number one is so sweet. Glad that you are enjoying parenthood.

Sherie said...

He is a doll, we are so excited for you! I like all the announcements--they each have their own fun little flare. Make sure your "to do" list has "put lots of pictures on the blog" all the time! We're excited to watch him grow up!

Anonymous said...

I like the 2nd announcement best.
Congratulations!
I am SO excited for you guys.
I had to come take a peek at the baby.

Julie said...

quite possibly the cutest announcements I've ever seen! what a handsome little man you have on your hands there!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one best--cute pics, great colors (Somewhat reminiscent of the old school colors before they changed them) and more info. I like the layout a lot.

The poor little guy's ears! That sounds really uncomfortable. I'm glad you figured out what was going on. That's great that he slept most of the way home at least.

Maren said...

Yes, the first and second are very cute, but i also like the last one, because it is just him-nothing else.
Yikes about the popping blood vessels. What can they do for him? Yea for walks, but the large amounts of time all to yourself are kind of shocking in the beginning. Lists are good, and getting together with anyone for any reason at all is a good idea. Basically this is a good time to do anything you wanted to do while you were working but couldn't, because later when he is older, they may not be as possible. Trips with newborns are easier than trips with one year old, etc. So live it up.

Travis and Jamie said...

I love them all, mostly the ones that have the three pictures in them. Say thank yous every night that he doesn't have colic. Jacob did, and from 12am-2am he would do nothing but scream. The nurses called it the "Witching Hour". There was NOTHING that we could do. I made Travis get up a couple of times and take him to the hospital because I thought for sure that something else had to be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Karen and Brady, I am so happy for the both of you. Your son is a doll! I really like the third announcement although they are all wonderful. I have some fun updates for you so I will send you an email.

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

The announcements are all so cute!

I really like the 3rd one though!

I am glad you guys made it home and are now getting settled in at your own home with Zach!

We are still super excited for you guys!

Thanks for posting pics--I love them!
--Roni