Sunday, June 25, 2006

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I

Does anyone else remember chanting that spelling the day you learned it? Over and over and over?

Today, everything ended early in church, and teachers all over were struggling to maintain the attention of their classes. After doing every "enrichment" activity I could with my class, I gave in to the all-popular game of hangman.

Each kid had a turn to spell out something--preferably from the lesson. It went smoothly, then a self-proclaimed "smartie" girl in my class said she had a word that was really going to stump us. With just 2 minutes to go, I was skeptical. Aside from the kids of the spelling bee craze that has taken the nation, I would be surprised and embarrased if a 7-year-old could take me.

Several minutes later--after church was over--the class had to give in. I had absolutely NO IDEA what her word was, and figured it must be in Japanese or something (a language she says that she knows). She excitedly filled in the letters to the hangman puzzle, loudly and enthusiastically adding, "The state! See!? I knew I'd get you!"

MISS ASJUPE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome. Next time you should do Cincinnati. I'm not even sure I spelled it right.

Natalie and Steve said...

Yeah, I hate it when those 7-year-olds outsmart you, huh? Darn kids. By the way: nufaloof.blogspot.com
Check me out. Oh, and how do you get a picture of yourself to show up when you write on others' blogs?

Eric and Jill said...

Yeah Ken, you spelled Cincy right. Can I spell Eugene?