Lake 1st way: Interlaken means between lakes. A beautiful jog along this river to start our morning while the kids slept. Brady and I felt so lucky after years of not running together to have this fourth jog together of our trip and be pain free!
A cairn with a Karen. Ironic because cairns help you navigate and I do not.Lake 2nd way: We rented a peddleboat and a paddleboard and took advantage of the gorgeous, hot day. They required life vests and mine was giant.
Zac didn't join us for this but did jump in the lake a few times.
Brady still looks as natural as ever on a paddleboard.
Owen:
Kate and I swam together a few times. The water was turquoise and silky and refreshing.
While I was paddling, I felt as happy as I ever remember feeling. Being in such a gorgeous place with my family filled my cup. Then a fly bit me on the backside and several times on the leg and that turned to swatting mania. Success! I killed the fly but my behind and legs still itch.
Kate wants to be paid for this Nerd Clusters ad.
Brady, Kate and Owen convinced Zac with a drink to come on board for a few minutes.
Kate:
We rented time at the beach (a first for us!) and Kate and I swam for an hour while the boys jumped in a few times and played volleyball.
Owen was not feeling the greatest and seemed feverish.
The much-awaited lunch at Asllani's Corner. They brought out ice with our water and we were so pleasantly surprised, the server came out with another container for us.After watching a few more jumps and talking to a boy who had been there for the afternoon, Zac knew how he wanted to jump and how to get out amidst the strong current. There were also exit points further down the river.
After a couple jumps, a crowd grew from where we were taking pictures. They were also all taking photos and videos.
Kate was dying to jump, and I told her she should try after talking to Zac. Owen wanted to as well, but we shut that down. I told him since he couldn't jump, I wouldn't either. Zachary was also concerned about the current for his little body. However, we could see other access points out of the river that he could get to, and he is an excellent swimmer. After a while, Owen begged me to jump and try it to decide if it was okay for him. I was excited to try but made sure he would be okay with me saying no.
Kate and I both jumped. It was exhilarating, and only about 15 feet. The current was strong outside the post areas on the bridge but definitely not too strong for Owen.
Owen was so happy. He jumped in and made it straight over with no issue.
Then he went and did a backflip. There was a bunch of people shocked by that, but Owen does more backflips than any kid I know. It was flawless. (Also, I was near the exit from the river in case he needed help and he did NOT ask permission to backflip.)
Brady holding the Swiss flag:
Brady...backpacking? Transporting cheese?
We played at the park, hiked up the mountain further (the kids let me have exactly 20 minutes), watched sun rays burst through the clouds, and listened to Alphorn performances (so charming the first time but they know exactly one song and they play it on repeat).
Walking back to our place that night, we stopped to watch paragliders descend and take a snap of the Schlosskirche Church, a reformed church initially built in 1133.
Owen wanted this shot with the Whomping Willow:
We spent the evening watching a world cup match and eating quick pizzas from the Coop.























































No comments:
Post a Comment