Monday, November 09, 2015

Polihale in November









 I don't know how to talk about Polihale without complete redundancy.  When we make plans to go here, I'm excited all week, and when we get here, it almost never lets me down.  This camping trip, we went with Heidi and Nic's family.  Our last experience was packed full of people and a little chaotic, so we figured we would tone it down for this trip.

Our kids get along so well.  It shocks me that we've watched Shay and Tate grow up from tummy to toddler to 1st grader/preschooler.

Zachary and Ty got along really well, too.  They came up with all sorts of sand games, most of them involving jumping off the mini dunes and crash landing, but also more skill-oriented games like throw the macadamia nut at the boogie board and try to catch it when it ricochets off.



 My favorite part of this trip was capturing a few Baby Owen shots.  I have to get these pics before my swimsuit explodes.


 I love this picture because Kate comes up to me at least a dozen times a day, squeezes my belly just like this, and says, "Oh, Owen!  I just LOVEYOUSOMUCH!"

Love this picture, too.
1-2-3-JUMP off the dune!


 It's been raining all over the island but there were no clouds covering our shooting stars that night.
 Nic and Brady created stairs for our shade the next day.
And seriously, who taught these children how to pose?!?
Kate:  "Mom, my bum is heavy with sand."

 At church on Sunday, Zachary told me that he was pretty sure his arms and back were sore from his 2 mile training run with Brady on Saturday afternoon.  I beg to differ and I've got proof.  Little nut!
 I think Shay and Kate could be sisters.


 Not sure what to say here.  Glad I have an outdoor shower?
 Kate, Tate and Shay played freeze tag for hours.  If the white water touches you, you are frozen.





 Brady and Nic attempted the mad currents and caught a few waves.

On the way out, we got another Polihale flat tire.  Time for new tires on the truck.  We got home later than normal but completely satisfied.  I comment all the time about how much I miss fall, but I have to say that when the weather starts turning to the 20s on the mainland, I really get excited about these sorts of weekends.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I just LOVE the picture of Kate that is above the picture of the fire. It captures her personality so well.