Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feelin' the Love

I love Valentine's Day. I love flowers, pink, presents, surprises, conversation hearts and cards. I love this mini-holiday.

My newest valentine. This little 11-month-old sweetheart is turning into a chunk! I feel like she was drowning in 6-month clothing a month ago, and suddenly they are now muscle tees.
She is now scooting around the house with ease, but hasn't figured out how to pull herself up from the scoot position, or how to pull herself up to stand.

Wednesday night through Monday morning of this past week, we had Linnaea and Chase staying with us. Zachary thought he died and went to heaven having a playmate around full-time, and when she left, asked when her mommy and daddy could please go away again so he could have his Linnaea stay with him. 16-month-old Chase eats more food than I figured possible for a little guy, but I'm positive it was that way with Zachary and I just don't remember! He was super content the entire time. The looks on people's faces when I cruised around the green belt with all four kids were priceless. It reminds me of my younger years when people constantly asked my mom, "Are they all yours?" Both kids were approximately the same age as my kids, but clearly Kate and Chase were not twins. ??? You could see the confusion all over their faces.
Kate has some of my blood in her for sure. She squealed, clapped, and laughed over and over again down this little hill. She and I will get along great on roller coasters at Disneyland some day.


Linnaea has really toughened up over the years, and she's a great little playmate. Obedient, opinionated, and happy to race around all afternoon with Zac.
Later that week, we had hat day for preschool.
Celebrating Valentines Day with some sugar cookies. Zac's VDay gift is that balloon in the corner, which says, "Happy Anniversary." His inability to read saved me an hour of driving to another store.
Saturday, Brady put in some time at work, and we looked at real estate options for hours. We did pop out of the house for an outing with Zachary's pal Olivia to Mahaulapu, where we saw some crazy kite surfing (I only wish we were that cool), walked along the beach, built a "fire," and played in the sand.

Love this wrestler's cover-up.




Check out the sideways tooth (and the second one coming in to the left):

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are soo cute! Why are there blank picture spots?

Janece

Leslie said...

Sweet, sweet kids! Give them kisses for me!

Kristen said...

Sweet! You and I can take our girls to Lagoon together.

Natalie and Steve said...

Cute!

So we just watched Soul Surfer this weekend and we kept going "We've been there! We've been there too!" It was fun.

Eric and Jill said...

You guys are one smiley bunch. :) Kate is killing me w/ her cuteness and everyone else is adorable too; I just have babygirls and hairbows on my mind. I also love you in that hat! Yup, the fashion in me just can't ever stay quiet.

Kevin Nufer said...

Ha! Repurposed Anniversary card! Love it!