Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Kate Awake!

Zachary wakes me up almost daily by coming in with Brady and Kate and saying excitedly, "Baby Kate awake! Baby Kate awake!" It is a sweet way to start the day. (We also hear this phrase occasionally when he wakes her up by "scaring her" and then tells us with feigned surprise and enthusiasm that she is awake.)

I was lamenting to Brady that 1) I have no good pictures of our kids together and 2) I still don't know how to take pictures with our camera. Brady has been a great sport, and explained to me for the 12th time how to get to the right settings. I am actually putting it to use this time so all my pics don't turn out as dark as the one above and below.


Here is one morning of attempts:
Now, you should be able to see why it is not so easy to get great pics of the kids together. Zachary is not the most cooperative picture-taker. This is a pretty typical pose for him. ;) The best part is as soon as the camera clicks, he jumps up and asks to see it. Ha!
Kate is a drooler. Her clothes get wet to her belly button on a daily basis.


As excited as I am about the pictures that finally turned out with good lighting, Brady showed me up quickly with the ones below. Thanks to Kevin and Kristen for this little outfit!

I now finally have my sibling pictures.

The next two are my favorite shots ever from Brady.


I realize I've left room for basically one of three comments with such a vague picture-post, but there you have it. I love these babes.

9 comments:

Natalie and Steve said...

With each picture, I kept going "Awwww!!!" more and more. Cute pictures and cute babies!

Kevin Nufer said...

I was just telling Allison today that I was hoping we could see more Kate pics. We're pretty lucky.

Ryan Edwards said...

Those last 2 pics are so great! Good work Brady.... and Karen, you don't give yourself enough credit. You did great too with the pictures.

Heather said...

Very cute! Yout took some great pictures Karen. And Andrew is the same way. I think I have ONE picture of the two of them together where Andrew actually looks normal.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Cute kids, and great pictures (both of you!). There's nothing quite like watching your kids together, is there?

Emily Gibbons said...

Awwww! :)

Julie said...

Adorable!! I love Kate's red peach fuzz hair! SO cute!

Eric and Jill said...

I know what you mean about taking pics! I need to take a class (what I've been saying for about 2 yrs. since we got our nicer camera). Love these, all of them! Kate's smiles kill me!

Suburban Monkey said...

Baby Kate is way too precious and beautiful for words!!!!
love love love the photos!!